Monday, August 1, 2016

Naked Nails by Finishing Touch Review

"As seen on TV" follows - like most things in life - the 80:20 rule. 80 % of the items are so bad that you can dispose of them right away. But the other 20 % are useful and innovative items.

The items are usually inexpensive so that a gamble is not much of a risk.

Is Naked Nails Finishing Touch worth it?


What is Naked Nails?


Naked Nails by Finishing Touch is an electronic manicure tool. It files, buffers and shines nails. At least that is what it is supposed to do. With the file come 6 attachments. Each twice (buffering, filing, shine).

It costs only $ 15 plus tax in stores or $ 13 (free delivery) on Amazon.

Personally, I am all for a natural healthy look so that I love the concept.

How does Naked Nails work?


You throw in two AA batteries,  pop the attachment on and you are ready to go. The green attachment files, the purple one buffs, and the white attachment shines the nails.

As the buffing attachment takes away a small layer of your nails the procedure must not be done more often than once every two weeks.

The attachments, following the instruction manual, last for "several sessions". In the package, you find a coupon for reordering the attachments. I temporarily recovered the coupon from my trash can (stay excited and focused even though I just prematurely gave away my personal final verdict - but there is more to that tool).

Naked Nails Review


It does produce a great shine and the time effort is minimal. What I did not care for is the quality of make. The filing/buffing/shine paper is not even glued properly to the attachments. Because of the size of the attachments I had trouble reaching the edges.

The shine is better and most importantly longer lasting than other options I tried out.

The good and the bad


Pro:

  • Natural approach to manicure
  • Inexpensive
  • Fast and easy
  • Nice and lasting shine
  • The polishing effect is better than from polishing attachments from most other electric manicure drill sets. 
Con:
  • Poorly made
  • Too large to reach sides of nails
  • Produces a nail cloud that seems to be heading right to your face
  • Not for pedicure (at least not the filing attachment)

Final Verdict

This inexpensive and easy to use tool is worth a try. Personally, I will go back to my (manual) Alessandro polishing set but that does not mean that Naked Nails is not worth a try. I consider the Alessandro 3-file set of superior quality BUT it does not seem to be available in the US (I brought mine from Germany). Amazon has some Alessandro items that you can view HERE

There will be many people who will love this little inexpensive solution. As I said: The shine is great and long lasting. You might want to consider to use a nail file - the filing attachment is pretty much rubbish. 

As long as you have realistic expectations (rather believe this review than the marketing of the seller) it´s definitely worth a try. 

Where to buy


Click on the picture or if you adblocker blocks it HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!